View Single Post
Old 05-16-2022, 01:13 PM
Dave Carson

Good advice so far - especially on the if the price is fair and the item is unique, grab it.

I like to look for things other than cards - stuff that isn't so easily shipped. Seems like I always come away with one or two of those items. Programs, pictures, bobblehead type stuff.

Last year in Chicago I bought a lot of Hostess panels - not sure I've seen them at any other show. I also made a purchase of a large lot of 1949 Bowman. Not super unique items, but items not commonly available at my local card show.

If you are going to need supplies - make those your last purchase heading out the door. You should be able to find the uncommon sized plastic sheets that your Local Card Shop may not carry (always buy from your LCS if you can).

I will second the wear comfortable shoes. Eat a good breakfast before you go and have snacks and a bottle of water with you. I've yet to find a good lunch inside the show.

Make sure you want list has your cell phone number on it (I didn't when I lost mine at Cleveland one year) and take a picture of it before you go.