Thread: Newbie Question
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 07:42 AM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesjetsfan View Post
Hi,

I have been looking at everyone's collections and have loved every single one. Now, I want to start picking up vintage Yankees stuff, but with a limited wallet, I am kind of lost as to what I can pick up. I have been mainly a baseball card, bobblehead, pocket schedule, pins and figurine collector. All modern. Any advise on what I can start picking up that is vintage(ish) that won't break the bank?

Thank you for the advise ahead of time

Mike
Hi Mike,

If you like the modern items you've listed then you can start with some like vintage items. Some of the more common vintage pocket schedules, pins, buttons, etc. are relatively reasonable in price. If you get into some of the more obscure examples then the price goes up. Also, some of the Yank nodders are relatively affordable as well. If your into yearbooks, programs, tickets, posters, etc. some are not too bad as well. Personally I think there is a lot of items you can acquire on a limited budget when it comes to memorabilia. You can start with these lower end items and get your feet wet with vintage items.