Thread: Thanks Adrian!
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 02:12 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschock View Post
Of course, should they ask for it and work to change their behavior. To do so otherwise is simply to ignore what wrongs they have done in the past while providing them a format to continue their actions in the future.

The direction we (as a society) are taking is towards pre-facto forgiveness on certain politically correct matters while at the same time pre-facto outrage on other politically correct matters. We're lumping it all into one bucket or another, depending not on the facts of an individual case, but on gross generalizations as the wind shifts.

As it relates to Adrian and what he said to Bill, it is up to Bill to "forgive" him and not us, though we can have an opinion on the matter and use those opinions for how each one of us want to deal with Adrian (or anyone). It is up to Leon on whether said actions should be allowed on his board (of which we are all guests), and his actions (obviously) show his decision, which goes well to indicate why many of us choose to be here.
I prefer to think of it as "our" community. Without our members there is no community. I just help moderate the place so there isn't anarchy.
And you are correct Taylor, Actions speak louder than words concerning Adrian.... Anyone that really knows me knows I am the last person to make excuses....I always preach about looking in the mirror...That all being said I have mellowed over time like a fine wine. (did I just say that?)