View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 10:45 PM
Administrator

Default A line for the ages

Posted By: john/z28jd

Andrew,if McCarver made 1 mistake a couple years ago id have no problem with him but that was just an extreme example.I dont have time to list all his mistakes and long diatribes that made no sense,and i have alot of free time.The Pirates poll just proves its a popular opinion,and i started the poll after a thread that was bashing him already had started with only one person out of about 20 responses defending him.

I have xmradio,extra innings package and easily watched or listened to part or all of over 1000 games each of the last 2 years, so ive heard every announcer numerous times.The only others who ive turned off because of dislike are the Yankmes radio announcers who spend too much time butt-kissing to properly call a baseball game.

McCarver might know alot,but his ego wont allow him to say when hes wrong and that 2 1/2 innings of stupidity was the perfect example.....but thats all it was,an example that just happened to be the last straw with him.Obviously that means there was ALOT before that because it takes alot to get me to turn off someone calling a baseball game