View Single Post
Old 11-26-2019, 08:05 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Postcards and Exhibit cards are just fine to collect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
I'd say definitely NOT a photograph. Prices are high now, and there is a reason every auction is stacked with them. You could barely give these away for years. Maybe the hobby is maturing, I dont buy it, or them.

Steer clear of exhibits and postcards. Also, never paid much attention too until the last few years. They were never looked at as being as desirable as a gum or candy card. Prices have really taken off. Full size photos, I get it, but the old man in me wont bend to these new trends.

Strip cards, yuck.

Go with the nicest Goudey or maybe even a Sports King Ruth you can afford, and enjoy it.
Yes, steer clear of postcards. They are a less collected item. And are not going to go up in value. (* I am being very sarcastic, btw).
Postcards and Exhibit cards should definitely be something you want to look at. The Exhibits are a little more plentiful and I don't see their long term valuation skyrocketing. (at least in the next 20 yrs or so). But they can be great and a less expensive alternative to a Goudey. And postcards are very cool to a lot of us collectors. This was bought on this forum for a little over 1500 dollars, less than 2 yrs ago. I think it will be worth more if I ever want to sell it. But I bought it because I like the photo and card. As others have said, if you buy wisely pricewise AND you like the card, you should be fine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ruth2.jpg (75.5 KB, 300 views)