View Single Post
Old 02-07-2024, 11:53 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyStrawberry View Post
Since you are indirectly responding to me, I am replying.

A few cherry-picked, isolated examples of staged hate crimes don't disprove the point that antiblack racism is deeply embedded into US history and culture, including the present. One needn't look further than the attempts of numerous state legislatures to ban the teaching of black history, or even worse, to try and revise it. (Teaching students that black slaves "learned valuable skills" while enslaved is one recent example.) The fact that black people can now play in the MLB, or sit anywhere they want to on a bus does not negate the rise in antiblack racism that we've seen over the last 10 to 15 years. It's almost as if something was going on from 2008 to 2016 that contributed to this, but I can't put my finger on what that was...
For some reason it is always a talking point, but was the US the first, or last, to have slave labor? Why it is so politized in the US. Are the liberals trying to compensate for being against the emancipation proclamation? Other countries dont have the dialog, including India who still basically has a caste system.

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors

Last edited by Republicaninmass; 02-07-2024 at 11:58 AM.