View Single Post
Old 08-16-2018, 05:07 PM
€d M!££w00D

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason.1969 View Post
I am at 61/80 for my 1959 Fleer Ted Williams set--though perhaps 61/79 is more reflective of this one.

When I get a free weekend I'm also going to see where I ended up on 1985 Donruss/Leaf as a kid.

And in the hole is 1978 Topps. My mom threw away my 2000+ cards from packs so I'll be starting from near zero. Any tips for the most fun way to collect a set like this? It's cheap enough to buy all at once--at least in the raw VG-EX condition I go for--but that doesn't seem fun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Great question on the 1978 set. In addition to the 72 set, I also completed the 75 set and I had a great time with the following process. If you keep cards in sheets/binder I would suggest starting with card #1 and purchase cards in order. This works great with sheets because there are never empty spots. Piecing the set together one card at a time also allows you to be as picky as you want about condition. ‘70s sets are notorious for centering issues. While I am not a centering fanatic, I do like cards that are at least 85/15. I do realize it is more expensive this way, but places like COMC and Sportlots can really be pretty inexpensive for commons. Best of luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ed