View Single Post
Old 02-23-2019, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValKehl View Post
Atari, nice find. As others have said, your Herps-Ruth card will fetch big $$. However, even though your group includes several other HOFers, I think you may be surprised as to how few $$ the other Herps cards will fetch. I say this because (1) 1921 Herps cards are too scarce for a collector to attempt to complete a set of them - scarcity often works against a card's value, (2) there are several other, identical, but scarcer 1921 issues - e.g., Leader Theatre, Haffner's Bread, Gassler's Bread, Clark's Bread, etc. that don't sell for all that much, and (3) most pre-War collectors (but not me) prefer the very colorful cards created by artists to the real-photo, black & white cards.

BTW, I'm thrilled to see that your find does not include a WaJo card, as I love having 1-of-1 cards. On the other hand, I'm saddened to note that your find includes a Sam Rice card. Oh well, one can't win them all!
Hey ValKehl - Thanks for your note. You make some good points there. Hard to tell what they might go for these days. Glad I didn't uptick your WaJo, but as far as the Sam Rice goes (E.C. Rice?)... maybe you'll wind up with 2 of 2? That would be almost as cool as having 1 of 1.