View Single Post
Old 02-20-2016, 12:59 AM
David Kathman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsq View Post
you mention: " In my run of CCBs from 1954-56, somebody (I assume the original owner) wrote prices realized in pencil next to a lot of the lots, but in this one someone (a different hand) has only written prices realized next to a few lots, in pen."

might these be prices the person bid instead of realized? when i look at the prices written on this issue and the other issue you recently so kindly listed i have a suspicion that these might be what someone wished to bid for these items - hoping to get bargains????.

just a guess.

all the best
No, those are prices realized. Each issue shows the prices realized for the auction in the previous issue, and they correspond to the prices written in pencil. I don't have the issue after this one from 1959, but I do have the issue following the other one I posted, #93 from 1/1/55. It shows that the prices realized for lot 120, the 468 different T206s, and lot 121, the 48 different T206 Southern Leaguers, were $12.00 and $9.00, the amounts written in pencil next to the lots. I have 11 consecutive issues from #92 to #102, and the same is true in all of them.