View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 01:39 PM
Administrator

Default O'Hara & Demmit St. L

Posted By: leon

For full disclosure the Beckett guys are friends of mine and advertisers here (so far )....

I also think it is a very slippery slope when a grading company is selling cards in their own holders. IF, and I will go with what Ben says from above, they are truly consignments then that needs to be the first thing in the descriptions, imo. I remember buying my (once owned) SGC92 Buchner Gold Coin Kelly, from one of the old Collectors Universe Auctions....It was doubly dubious as they owned PSA, were running their own auctions, and my card was graded by another company when I bought it from them. They long ago quit doing their own auctions....and I thought that was the right move for them.

I think an analogy might be the authenticating of memorabilia with a COA, by the person that is selling it....Full disclosure, up front, is at least mandatory, imho.....

This is a very slippery slope for my Beckett friends....I hope they will tweak what they are doing. As for their website....I will let others opine on that.