View Single Post
Old 03-11-2017, 02:16 PM

Default The reply I said I wouldn't give

I realize I'm replying when I said I wouldn't, but I think a few things need to be clarified.

First, Brent fails to mention that the Faber 33 Goudey came with a JSA auction house LOA, which I mailed him at the time of the trade.

Second, Brent messaged me on December 23, 2014 and informed me that someone had told him the Faber W517 was wife signed. Everyone has now seen my response, and I did offer to replace the card or send some cash his way if he wasn't comfortable with the Faber. Brent responded that same day and stated "I love the card and I have no issues with it. I recall we've talked about this card before. I totally trust you and have no problem what so ever. I just love the card, will go nicely with my Rousch." Brent emailed again on December 30, 2014, to tell me he received the cards. He wrote, "Got the cards Saturday, just amazing! So happy with them, thank you!"

I would have gladly reworked the deal at that point if Brent was uncomfortable with the Faber, but he clearly declined that offer. I never offered any type of guarantee that the card would pass authentication, and Brent never requested such a guarantee.

Brent and I have made dozens of deals in the past, and I have to assume the rest of the cards he obtained from me passed authentication since they aren't referenced in this thread.

If Brent had emailed explaining the situation and requesting that we work something out, I would have been much more willing to help resolve the situation. Brent may say his email wasn't demanding, but emailing out of the blue over two years later and stating "how should we go about refunding and returning?" sounds pretty demanding to me.

I hope this clarified my position a bit. I agree that I shouldn't have stated that I would have given him a refund had he been less demanding, as that may not be a true statement. I can say that I would have at least given it more consideration at that point. I suppose one good thing to come from this is that I know never to deal with Brent again. I'm sure he won't voice any objection to that.

Jason