View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 10:16 AM
Matt Hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylbry View Post
If you threw the card away how is someone else finding it in the trash and selling it on ebay a crime or "unethical"?

Quite frankly if I found something that had been disposed of and may have value I would put it on ebay to try and get something for it.

No offense to the OP but from reading this thread I can only see one "dumbass" and it isn't the current seller.

Granted, if it was stolen that would be a different story. But that will be hard to prove, especially since there is a thread on the internet on how the card was thrown away.

Edited to add - But I do hope you get your card back. And if you do, starting this thread will certainly have served you well.

If your neighbor found a piece of mail with your name on it in the trash, found something valuable inside, then listed it on eBay, that would be ok with you? If it were me, I'd have taken the package to him unopened... Actually it wouldn't have been me because I don't rifle through the trash that often. (and i don't think it was ever in the trash)