Thread: August pickups
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2023, 07:53 PM
Jonathan

Default August and Recent Pickups

As I am often late to post some of the newer acquisitions we've added to the collection, I hope you won't mind an August'ish pickups post...its been a long summer!

Several items of particular interest and enjoyment are what I'll be posting on:

1. A really nice 1910'ish AG Spalding model bat; Uncracked and NrMt in terms of condition, I just love these bats (a 33" club) as they, for all intents and purposes, are the only "signature endorsed" Spalding bats one can add to a collection. This is our 3rd such piece.

2. C. 1955 Mickey Mantle Rawlings Model MM fielders glove...pics speak for themselves...I love this glove!

3. By way of a good friend and fellow board member, I was very happy to add a circa 1860s CDV of two ball players taken at a NJ photography studio. I think there is a remnant of a tax stamp on it...at least the outline and placement would suggest that. If so, its circa 1864-1866.

4. Found in Morrisonville, NY...a town founded in 1810 and on the border with VT...is a tremendous example of a Snyder Style Wound Handle Bat with French polish finish.

I've very much enjoyed seeing everyone else's wonderful additions and hope they keep on coming for the next week or so!

Best,
Jonathan
www.dugouttreasures.com

AND THE PICS...