View Single Post
Old 06-15-2019, 08:47 PM

Well, this blew up considerably more than I expected. I'll be the first to admit, I made a knee jerk post when a card I'd bid on was almost immediately reposted for sale considerably higher than it had just sold for. As I said in my first post, I get it's a business and if someone sees potential profit, it's 100% their right to buy and sell anything for whatever price they want. My issue was certainly not with selling that card for whatever price he wants or what he can get, especially since to some of you bigger collectors or dealers that's a very small amount. However, I'm sure we've all been in the position where you lose out on something and regret not having been able to acquire a card for the price it sold, when it'll now take longer to try to get a similar deal or you'll have to spend more. I only noticed it because I have a search saved for that set as I'm trying to add a low quality affordable HoF from the set.

That all being said, I was surprised to get a phone call from Toppsaholic today after all this blew up. Apparently I'd purchased another card from him a month ago through Ebay and he was able to track down the info. It was good to get his PoV on it all. As I told him on the phone, I thought it was a little strange for him to contact me directly that way, but I think we came to a good understanding and may still work out a deal for that card.

In the end, as a guy who is a very small buyer in this hobby, I'm not trying to stir stuff up.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
http://s241.photobucket.com/home/woundedduck/allalbums