View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 03:46 PM
Dave Johnson

I totally understand this post by the OP!

I don’t think you ever walk away from it completely (at least I couldn’t) But…….. I can relate to getting like I was tired and frustrated with where my collecting and spending habits were going and needed a fresh start by hitting the “reset” button.

Some years ago – not the far in the past…I had somewhat of the same epiphany. I was a large collector of vintage golf cards….definitely had one of the larger collections in the US at the time in terms of quality – but….most of these were sitting in PSA Boxes in my closets – and they were never seeing the light of day. Upgrading cards, when they did come available, became more expensive than what I wanted to do.

So….I up and sold ALMOST all of my collection over the course of about 18 months. I kept a few things that were near and dear to me, and yes, I sold a number of things that part of me wished I kept….but the monetary side of it was nice as well. It helped me put a down payment on building a new home and also set aside some money for my son’s college education.

Since them I have bought a few things for my own collection and found a few new things to collect. I have also bought and sold a few larger collections to make a little money. These activities have kept me close to the hobby I enjoy and has made it FUN again.