View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 07:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donscards View Post
I opened a 1955 topps cello pack around 15-20 years ago there were 24 cards----I can still remember going to my sports room and with a little penknive opened the pack carfully----one of the first cards i saw was a Roberto Clemente RC---then Yogi Berra---Duke Snider--and yes another Roberto Clemente Rookie---all the cards were near mint-mint---I would think the clementes would be at least a 8---there was not grading then----I had the pack at a Ed Keetz show in Albany for $1500 with no takers---on the way home, I thought what the heck, even if I get all commons, they are still worth $20 each---the pack was high numbers----it was the greatest pack I opened---I sold all the cards and kept the better Clemente until a friend offered me $2600 plus tickets to Aerosmith (and also to meet them)--he did the lighting for Aerosmith---I also gave Joe Perry a Larry Bird Rookie for his son at the concert.----I hate to tell the story because most people would think (oh yea--right---2 Clementes in a pack---but it did happen. Don
Great story, Don.

Last edited by Rob D.; 07-13-2012 at 07:33 PM.