Thread: Ebay searching
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 04:31 PM
Administrator

Default Ebay searching

Posted By: Bob

I wonder what the search technique is for finding E caramel cards in minor league baseball or rookie card lots or in some odd tobacco collectible area? There seems to be some key word like "vintage" or merely searching a player's name that allows some of the guys here to come up with incredible finds in bizarre sections. I give them credit for sorting through tons of garbage to find jewels and there is also the element of sheer dumb luck. I've only had it happen three times to me, once I found a T207 Loudermilk in a tobacco non-sports section but was outbid because at that the time I didn't have a sniper service and someone else stumbled on it to it also (about 7 years ago and an exmt Loudy went for $400), the second time I was about to win an M116 slabbed Wood in seeming nrmt which was slabbed as authentic and autographed and was sniped by a couple of dollars by the only other guy who found it and he was more interested in the autograph instead of the card itself and the last time I won a black and white E97 for $150 which was listed in the "paper" section of collectibles. Of course the way B&W E97s have been sliding lately it isn't as great a deal as it once was but still a nice pickup.
I remember someone here picked up an exish E94 Leach for $25 about 3 years ago that was horribly miscategorized. Anyone care to chime in on that one?