View Single Post
Old 02-12-2024, 04:17 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayshum View Post
The card originally mentioned by the OP is now listed for $13,270 on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/27630338634...1&toolid=20001

On Dean's website, it's listed for $16,120 with a 20% discount that drops it to $12,896 so while you aren't getting 20% off the eBay price, you do usually save money buying directly from the website. Also, if you add lower priced cards to the same order, they will also be 20% off which is a larger discount than if you bought them separately (assuming they were listed below $1000 to start).

Even with the discounts, his prices are still usually higher than others have for the same card, but somehow it seems to work for him. I've bought a few cards over the years, and it is nice to have the clear front and back scans along with very detailed information about raw cards (their opinion for corner grades, centering, card measurements, etc) that I have not seen from any other online seller. I certainly could not have afforded to buy my entire collection from Deans, but there have been times when I've found something worthwhile that I couldn't find elsewhere.
Like some others I just buy rare and oddball stuff from Dean's. Mainly T210s as just finding a specific card can take some time. They usually have a decent variety to choose from. They had the same price on eBay and their site on the ones I purchased. With their website discount they where cheaper than I could find similar cards from other sellers.

I agree for the most part they are extremely overpriced. They also offer great front/back scans and some reasonably priced cards. The other big to me bonus is the only bad thing they get accused of is high prices.

Last edited by bnorth; 02-12-2024 at 08:25 PM.