View Single Post
Old 02-12-2023, 08:33 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Default "Why are you selling?"

Funny, a bunch of people on the board know my eBay handle, and when I list something they not infrequently send me an email asking if there is any reason I am selling and hopefully nothing wrong and not a forced sale, etc. Nice sentiment, and I appreciate the notes.

Since I started collecting, I've never had any hesitation selling stuff I have. In my entire collection there are probably 10-15 items that I have no plans to ever sell, let's call them the "super special" stuff, usually one of a kind items. But everything else is fair game. I periodically go through the safe deposit box and find a few items that I haven't thought of in years and decide to give them a new home. Most of them have gone up in value.

I guess I always assumed this is what 95% of the people on the board do. Buy occasionally, sell occasionally, refine the collection, branch out, move things on that no longer resonate loudly. Am I mistaken? Are there a lof of collectors who buy and never plan on sellng any of their stuff? I'm not quite knocking on heaven's door at this point (I hope), but I have little interest in in leaving my heirs 100s or 1000s of things the need to deal with. To me that seems like it could be a burden.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 02-12-2023 at 08:36 AM.