View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 01:23 PM
Rich Klein

The funny thing was that was the ONLY article I wrote for that site. I will stress Patrick is very dedicated to the hobby, we did a great interview for his site earlier this year and the fact I only wrote one article for the site implies nothing bad at all about him.

Instead, I was honored to be able to use his forum to post that article about Mark. I know many of us were worried about him, and rightly so as it turned out, and I just wanted to be able to state which many of us were thinking. So, I'm grateful for Patrick for doing the heavy lifting in finding photos and making the article look as good as it was.

Originally when I wrote that, I thought that was amongst the worst thing I ever wrote. After several re-reads, I realized I got it exactly right and I was honored to be the vessel to honor Mark while he was still living.

And, on a side note, writing that article, got my writing genes back into gear and I'm now doing a monthly column for GTS distributors. It's called Klein's Korner and last night I wrote my new year's resolution column. I actually talk about an obscure pre-war German non-sports set which I've enjoyed fleshing out the checklist during the past year.

So, I owe Mark not only for his 20 years of friendship but also for being the trigger to get me to write again.

Rich

P.S. One of Mark's friends has volunteered to pay for his tables at any show Mark chooses to set up at. So, when you get better Mark, we have table(s) for you.

Last edited by Rich Klein; 01-07-2018 at 07:06 PM.