View Single Post
Old 02-20-2022, 10:27 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie73 View Post
Maybe when T206's that were getting reholdered, they were counted as a new card and PSA stumbled on the error or someone that had a one of one pop, questioned why there was now two cards after the reholder. I'm just guessing, but it could be a possibility. Otherwise, maybe they deleted all their slabs before a certain date, especially if they were not in anyone's registry. Maybe they assumed a majority were broken out and either left raw, were resubmitted, or went to SGC. They have that thing if your serial number is not coming up, to contact them. Maybe they are re adding as needed. My last guess is SGC was actually keeping track of crossovers and finally gave them the info and PSA finally got around to making the updates.
Could be, but many of those are all small potatoes IMO. Not tens of thousands of cards.
As to the old ones aging out, that's what I was hoping to find out from people with a lot of PSA slabs. But nobody has checked into to say their slabs were removed from the list.
On a similar tactic, I also browsed through the trimming superthread on Blowout to see if maybe PSA was starting to remove the "before" or "after" certs from the exposed cards. Because if they removed the "after" photos, they were agreeing to settlements with the people who bought trimmed cards. If they remove the "before" photos, they are confirming that the slabbed after photo cards are from the original slabs. But then the "after" cards are still slabbed with grades.

I was told that one of the missing cards was a PSA 10 T206 Bobby Byrne. I guess some of the changes can be looked up on the Internet Wayback Machine from saved copies of the registry site.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.