View Single Post
Old 04-15-2023, 08:53 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolemmings View Post
I have a Wiltse that is unlike any of my other silks. First, it feels like it is on different fabric. Second, it's almost as if was cut the other way. The top and bottom, often the subject of fraying, look as if they couldn't fray much if they tried while the sides look otherwise.

Hmmm, that is interesting. And possibly because they accidently turned the material when it was put in for printing. If you ever look at the S72 actress silks, that are also mentioned as part of this overall issue along with the S74 baseball player silks, they normally are like this also, with the fraying most always on the sides, and not at the tops and bottoms. My understanding is that the material that is woven to make these silks will often have a much tighter weave going either horizontally or vertically, and that that tighter weave causes the material to be less likely to ever fray. It seems that it just depends on which way they fed the material for the printing of the images. To my knowledge though, I'm not aware of any premium normally being attributed to a silk like this with a sort of reverse fraying to it.

Very nice Wiltse silk and pickup, that's a keeper.