View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 01:05 PM
Zach

Default Questions about things that have been bugging me

There are a few things I have seen written or talked in publications, auction descriptions etc... regarding 19th century cards that are kinda pissing me off and also confusing me. One is about N28 and the other is about Peck & Snyder.

In regards to N28, why do I keep seeing people and places date it as on 1888 issue? Weren't those published in 1887, making them a 1887 issue? I thought N29 was the 1888 issue not N28.

Usually I see the Peck and Snyder issue when I read news articles or magazines about it. I see man saying that Peck and Snyder was the first baseball card made in 1869 of the Red stockings. My problem with this is that I thought there was an 1868 Atlantic Nine card made by Peck and Snyder, wouldn't that make that one the first baseball card. Yet I see all these publications claiming the Red Stockings was first, but if there was a 1868 Atlantic Nine card then that should be the first.

I am very anal about dates that's why these questions have been haunting me. Am I missing something here about N28 or Peck and Snyder facts?

Last edited by zljones; 01-09-2012 at 01:05 PM.