View Single Post
Old 01-09-2016, 01:10 PM
Fr3d mcKi3

Finally got around to digging out the "autographed" poster of all the collectors who attended one of the first "conventions" at Mike Aronstein's home in 1970.

Highlighted names as far as I am aware of had the T206 set complete with a Wagner card at some point in their collecting history.

From top left

Bill Haber long time collector wrote the backs of Topps cards

Crawford Foxwell whose postcard started this thread. He later hosted a similar get together at his home in Maryland

Bill Zekus He was either a publication or autograph collector I forget which

David Zemsky Sorry, I have no recollection of him

Nate Cohen again, no recollection

Tom Dischley brother of Dan Discley publisher of The Trader Speaks

Dennis Graye an enigmatic collector who would show up with GREAT material then disappear for a year or two and show up again with great stuff. Wonder what ever happened to him? From Michigan if I recall correctly.

Mike Jasperson, son of Bob Jasperson works for Topps now I believe

Fred McKie some college sophomore at the time trying to keep up with the big guys!

Bruce Yeko owner of Wholesale Cards, at the time the largest mail order house

Irv Lerner long time collector/dealer from Philly had a Wagner at one point not sure if he had the entire T206 set or not

Dan Dischley the aforementioned publisher of the Trader Speaks THE collector publication of the time. Was also a police officer in Long Island, NY. Recall him taking a few of us to a "Gentlemen's Club" in Long Island in later years after a show in L.I.

Mike Aronstein our host and the MA in TCMA

Bob Jasperson long time collector and Publisher of Sports Fan and various collecting publications

Bill Mastro a high school student at the time whose father drove myself and Bill to the meeting from New Jersey. He hung around the hobby for awhile.

Upper right corner

Tom Collier the TC of TCMA. Never knew if his story of one of his many wives getting mad at him and ripping up his Wagner card and flushing it down the toilet was true or not.

Bill Himmelman long time collector from NJ I believe. I know he is still around, maybe here on Net54 but I personally, unfortunately, have lost track of him.

Jim MacAllister collector from Philly I think. Don't think he is still "around" could be wrong. Anyone know?

Myron Aronstein Mike Aronstein's Uncle as I recall.

Any corrections/updates on the above welcomed.

Fred
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TCMA10001.jpg (80.8 KB, 866 views)
File Type: jpg TCMA10002.jpg (71.3 KB, 866 views)