Thread: July Pickups
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2016, 10:55 AM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Grob View Post
Still looking into the dating, but first blush is early 1960s. This would have included the opening of Candlestick (1960), an All Star Game (1961), and a World Series (1962). Not claiming it's from any of those at this time as now the real fun starts...and I mean that with all sincerity.

Dave Grob
Hi Dave-

I AM a Giants collector and have a similar banner (pics attached). As you can see by the label on my banner, it was produced by the Paramount Flag Co. I have several smaller flags (including the one sewed onto the middle of your banner). I would guess your entire flag is also a Paramount product. Is it marked? I did some ebay deals, years ago, with a former employee of Paramount. He included some nice documentation with the things I bought and I was able to call him when I got the big bunting. He confirmed that mine has the early 1960's labeling. The labeling apparently changed through the years.

I have never been able to connect my bunting to a specific time and place. Please let me know if your research produces any "hits." Seeing your jersey pickups, I have to think you are better at research than I am.

Rob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0731.jpg (75.7 KB, 889 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0734.jpg (73.9 KB, 871 views)