View Single Post
Old 06-16-2019, 08:50 PM
Scott S

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfanNY View Post
I dont think a joke. Ever been to a Mets game? Notice both of the responses saying dont get item signed are again Mets fans.They are as a group very different from other baseball fans.
Two balls below the first the Miguel Cabrera game used for a single that has MLB sticker. As I said earlier I like that the ball tells it's own story.
Second ball was tossed up to me in the left field stands by Martin Prado when he was with the Yanks. The next spring when he was with the Marlins they played an exhibition game vs the Jax Suns before heading north to start the season. I was in Jax helping out some family and had my son mail me the ball to have Prado sign it. Waiting outside I see Prado emerge take ball out of my pocket and Giancarlo Stanton takes ball from my hand and signs it. (Iwas not gonna be that guy who told the highest paid ballplayer at that time he could not sign the ball) then Mr. Prado walks up I tell him story he laughs and signs it as well. And I really enjoy getting in person signatures. So any unsigned game used items I have I always look to get them signed just my preferance. And the secondary market dose value signed game used items higher than unsigned ones. So a win win.
Hope you get to share the moment JD signs the ball with your son. Both of you will remember it.
J.
Sox and Yankees fans finding common ground and trading pleasant stories - what's going on here!?

I will update this thread at a later date (who knows - might take until next year) when I'm able to get JD to sign the ball - and I hope to do it when my little guy is there to have him sign it!