View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 11:15 AM
Scott S

Default I caught a home run ball from JD Martinez! Now what??

At the Red Sox / Rangers game at Fenway last night, I caught (OK, picked up after it smashed off the hand of the guy next to me) a home run ball from JD Martinez.

Nothing extraordinary about the homer - didn't win the game, not a milestone number or anything, just #13 of the season and #208 of his career. Exciting as it was, the ball went into my pocket and now is sitting on my bureau.

Cool as it was to get it, I wasn't sure what exactly to do with it now. It's my first home run ball (I've got a foul ball and ground rule double before), so I want to keep it. But I also don't know much about this area of memorabilia, so I wasn't sure if there was something else I should do or should've done.

Could I have had it somehow authenticated at the game by the Red Sox? Do I write an inscription on it describing what it is? If I ever tried to sell it (not even knowing what demand there is for something like this), is it just based on my word?

Not exactly my area of expertise, so figured I would throw it out to anyone here who might know more. And since every thread is better with a picture, here's a pic of the ball...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jd homer ball 061319.jpg (67.6 KB, 573 views)

Last edited by scooter729; 06-14-2019 at 11:19 AM.