View Single Post
Old 05-29-2019, 10:05 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolemmings View Post
It was one more strike...multiple times. Several on Mookie Wilson alone, although at some point in his AB the game had tied on that botched pitch. As one whose hatred of the Red Sox has always been palpable, I enjoyed the end of that game with unimaginable joy (but convinced my hopes would be crushed in Game 7). Was tickled further hearing that Stanley and Gedman "disagreed" as to who was responsible for what was scored as a wild pitch.

I always liked Buckner before he got to Boston. The game was not managed well by either skipper, but Peter, how do you not have Billy Buck out there for the wrap-up and celebration?
I was the opposite, after game 6 and even with the lead in game 7 I had zero hope. Fate had shown its hand. The wild pitch and the Buckner error in that quick succession, that was Fate.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.