View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 10:29 AM
Jason

Default "Let's do something positive..."

Um no.

kidding!
This is a fantastic resource and meeting place for folks with the same interest, as has been said in the posts above. I have never felt terribly comfortable starting up conversations with strangers at card shows, and part of that is because I don't want to come within arms' length of them...perhaps all of you are some of these same people, and isn't that a wonderful advertisement for the limitations and evils of prejudice? (since I like talking to you all on here...) I just imagine that you are all clean shave, fit and trim and smell like vanilla, and everything is just fine!

In all seriousness, though, it is an amazing wealth of knowledge, and to echo a previous post, I am occasionally floored by the generosity of some folks that have reached out to me to let me know of items of interest...and even in a couple of instances, just sent me things without asking for payment...Rich Klein comes to mind, with an original photo of my cousin. I was able to reciprocate with a Whitey Ford card...and Mr. Eskanazi is another, to whom I will soon be sending out a reciprocal gift as well...and lest I never forget Mr. Dan, who alerted me to a couple game used bats which are now the pride of my collection!

No, it's all good here. Even the bickering makes for good theater.

thanks to all.

and don't let that vanilla comment worry you too much...