View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 04:26 AM
Bill Gregory

Default The "auction" (for lack of a better word) is over. Look at what happened.

Ok, I just signed up for VCP for the first time ever. I'm looking to make a considerable (well, considerable for me) bid on a card, and I'm looking at the price history for the card-same back, exact same PSA grade. But the recent buy history is all over the place on VCP, and by a variance that seems way out of what one would expect. I've also checked Card Target as well as Ebay's history, and what I'm seeing appears to be accurate.

Here's the VCP price history for this particular card:

Notice who has the two sales that are way out of whack? I checked the images captured for these sales, and looked at the card for sale. This is now the third time PWCC has sold this card. The exact same card. In the last fourteen months.

This particular card is stunning for its grade. The back appears clean, and to be honest, I'm not sure why it's so low. I'm not wanting to out the auction, so I'm not going to post any pictures here. Some of you, hell most of you, will probably be able to find the card. But I'm willing to bid $1,000 for this. I really want it, and looking at the recent sales for this particular card and grade, you'd think I would have a good chance. But am I just wasting my time? I understand the thinking "don't try to buy from a small handful of sellers because of some of the funny numbers that we see." But my options are to let this card go by, a card which looks better than some of the 4s, and even 5s that I've seen, or put that bid in, and probably have my heart broken, only to see the card go up again for sale in a few months.

I'm in no rush to buy this card, or any other. But when one comes available and it pretty much exactly meets what I'm looking for in a card, I want to have a fair chance at getting it.

I'd love some input here from our experienced buyers and sellers. Thank you so much!

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 05-04-2014 at 07:13 PM.