View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 08:34 PM

Default 1916 Boxing Plaque et al

1916 Boxing Plaque 20 ½” x 15”
Couple weeks ago I drove down to L.A. to pick up the 1916 NYC amateur boxing plaque below. The plaque was made by the renown Dieges and Clust company….Instead of risking damage in shipment I figured I’d pick up in person and hit the Rose Bowl flea same day….got to RB right at 6:00AM but never could get traction…pretty much the weakest Rose Bowl I’d ever been to….The winning club of the plaque “Union Settlement” was founded in 1895

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Union Settlement was founded in 1895 by members of the Union Theological Seminary Alumni Club. After visiting Toynbee Hall in London, and inspired by the example of Hull House in Chicago, the alumni decided to create a settlement house in the area of Manhattan enclosed on the north and south by East 96th and 110th Streets and on the east and west by the East River and Central Park.

Photobucket

Last Saturday I drove into San Francisco and picked up the c1920 7” tall motorcycle statue I posted a couple weeks ago…I’m very pleased…looks better in person than photographs…below installed on my coffee table…managed to squeeze it in.

Photobucket

Last edited by CarltonHendricks; 11-23-2011 at 01:11 AM. Reason: ad link