View Single Post
Old 07-02-2017, 06:24 AM
Rich Klein

For the foreseeable future, we have corporates and autographs

1) Corporates do add quite a bit to a show. They give average collectors (at least those who can afford to spend the admission fee plus parking) an actual opportunity to talk to real people who are important to their business. Some companies do a better job than others at bringing in people -- I know Panini have tons of people who run the day to day operation there every day. Plus you get to talk to other people as well depending on what you do. I do realize on this board that is not as important but as Leon would say, we are about 1/2 of 1 percent of all collectors. And for most of the other 99 percent it's cool to have those people here

I just realized I posted I'm in the 1 percent. Dang, we are all honored by being in such an exclusive group

2) The Autograph people are out of the show floor way. I don't have a problem with where they are. They are fine as they are and Tri-Star does a great job of bringing in guests. And if you purchase the VIP or Super VIP ticket there are always some cool guests you can get to sign for free. I personally have no issue with autograph guests.

3) Yes, the 1980's were great where tables were cheap but guess what, that was 30 years ago.

Rich