View Single Post
Old 04-17-2024, 05:32 AM
Tony Baldwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
There's been a new development in this saga with Memory Lane. In response to me posting this thread, they have revoked my bidding privileges. Clearly, they'd like to make a statement. If you criticize them publicly, they will punish you.

Thanks for showing your true colors Memory Lane. GFY.
Travis,

Sorry to hear this is how Memory Lane decided to treat you after their obvious misrepresentation of the card in question.

Facts: Memory Lane lists a card in their auction that doesn't show the obvious multiple creases and wrinkles. Travis receives the card, sees the multiple creases and wrinkles, requests a refund, sends the card back, receives a refund without any communication or at least a minimum "regret any inconvenience." Memory Lane then relists the image of the same card again, is aware of this thread, adds a new image of the card showing the creases and wrinkles, then bans Travis from bidding because he shared his story.

Oh sure, Travis is the bad guy in this scenario. Shame on you Travis

My generation, we didn't have the internet or social media. This is what people do today, and I think it's a good thing. My generation, when situations like this occurred, the business always did right by the customer. Businesses cared about what people thought about their business. It was their reputation on the line.

Memory Lanes lack of professionalism and maturity is evident in this situation. Oh, and by the way, great job Memory Lane, you now have one less customer.