View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 10:38 PM
€dw@rd Sk€£t0n

Default Hello, thanks for letting me join!

Hi to all. I am just getting into the card collecting world with genuine desire. I have dabbled in cards (mostly hockey) for a while, and just recently started cataloging what I have. This sparked an interested in "older stuff," which, I am thrilled to say, I bought my first pre-war baseball card. I am scared to death to find out if I was a true rookie rube or made a savvy purchase, and hope to pick your collective minds. So I posit this question: what would be a good price for a 1933 Goudey, slabbed as a PSA 8 (I know what most of you think of PSA's ability to grade a vintage card, I really have been trying to study before I bought)? I think you guys refer to it as a "common" card, I don't want to say what I paid it, I want to see what you all think a good price range for a card would be, a blind test so to speak. So just a basic idea, I know I have a lot to learn, and don't want to spend months over spending and have to learn the hard way. My eventual goal is to have a decent collection to leave my son, something we can share as he grows up. So, any advice is truly welcome. I will post the card I bought in a week, and you all can call me rookie or genius then! Thanks again, and I look forward to getting to know you all. Also, I am not in this to get valuable cards, just to collect what I think is cool. I just don't want to overspend if I don't have to.