View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 10:31 AM
Bill Gregory

Default Can I get an opinion on the authenticity of this T206 please?

I have never dealt with this seller before, and as far as I can tell, they are not members here. They offer quite a few pre-war and vintage cards, have a perfect feedback score, and have been on the bay since 2002.

The card looks right to me. The printing appears to be what I would expect for a 100 year old card. The lettering at the bottom appears correct, and the first letter of the city name is larger, as it should be. Two things raise a bit of a red flag: the slightly uneven corner wear, and a search on Google shows that he had what appeared to be a fake Mantle autographed ball up for sale earlier in the year, but it did not sell. It's possible he wasn't familiar with Mantle's auto (the sale stated it was part of a collection he purchased). So, I don't know. Thus, this post.

Opinions would be appreciated! Thanks! And yes, there is a return period.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 11-13-2013 at 10:33 AM. Reason: pre-war and vintage