View Single Post
Old 09-14-2018, 05:38 PM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatkidfromjerrymaguire View Post
Yes, I guess that makes sense. However, If it was just a print defect, why not give it a grade? Well, unless there was evidence of trimming. I suppose it’s possible someone could find a blank back and trim it. I’d be curious if anyone out there has (or has seen) a 1952 Bowman blank back in a new SGC holder that DOES have a numerical grade?

At any rate, I really do enjoy the card. Got it for a reasonable price, and having an authentic card in my set with a blank back at least provides a conversation piece. Just one more reason this is a fun and interesting hobby!
I believe both PSA and SGC have gone back and forth over the years on applying numerical grades to these type cards and/or just calling them authentic. I’ve seen both instances over time of examples slabbed both ways. I don’t think there’s any way to tell if it was a proof card or just a regular issue card that didn’t get the back portion of the card as long as the front is the same as a regular issued card (even if thetoppsvault says it was a proof; think they’re just speculating and/or have a wide definition of what Is considered a proof).

The blank back card you’ve purchased is both unique and cool!