Thread: pwcc
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 02:56 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyseymour View Post
If you look at the photo comparison on Amazon for Digital-Ice, there is an old photo of a man standing up and a woman sitting down. As you can see in the photo, there is a profound difference once Digital-Ice is used. The wrinkles have disappeared almost completely.

If your computer is 8 years old and the system locks up every time you try to use Digital-Ice, that is one thing. But I doubt that would be a problem for the auction houses. We've had people on net54 provide scans where wrinkles seemed to have just disappeared from a card.

Don't you think it is possible that, in those instances, certain auction houses may have been using Digital-Ice???

If an auction house were inclined to do so, there are a thousand other tools I would pick over Digital Ice, though it wouldn't exactly shock me if somebody WAS using Digital Ice or any other program.

Like Lance said, a simple cloning brush will do the job better, without leaving the same sloppy evidence.

I'm sure the dust removal tool has been employed plenty, based on some of the before and after and before scans I've seen shown on Net54.