View Single Post
Old 09-15-2023, 06:45 AM
Marc

Bleach works well on cloth pennants and it looks like your Browns pennant is cloth. Most graphics colors do pretty well with bleach on those cloth pennants, but red does not, and the brown color on that pennant looks reddish. When I first saw it, I actually wondered if someone had already tried to clean it and ended up with a bit of color running.

As for retroclean, I did have it mess with the yellowish/white graphics on an old single bar Houston Oilers pennant (cloth). So I'd watch that carefully when using just to make sure you stop any problems as quickly as the arise.

Oxyclean works great on the stiff pennants from the 1970s and 1980s. Especially the white ones that turn brown/yellow over time. You often need to let it completely soak through that stiff stuff, which can take 15-30 minutes. I've had the graphics on some of those pennants dull just a bit given the amount of time it takes to whiten up one that is really yellow/brown, but they always look better than when I started. I've also used it on a stiffer orange pennant from the same era and it brightened that up as well.

Last edited by bocca001; 09-15-2023 at 10:57 AM.