View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 02:54 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhs5120 View Post
Reread the posts above.

If you were to purchase an item from a Probstein123 auction you would have the following tools at your disposal:

- You would be able to see what collection the consignment came from, allowing you to avoid certain consignors (i.e. The GEM Collection).
- You can see how many unique bidders you are bidding against (a handy tool used to spot shill bidding).
- You can see how many bid retractions other bidders have (a handy tool to decide if you're up against shady characters)
- You can see how often someone is bidding and their bidding patterns (vital to spot shill bidding)

Name one auction house that provides these tools.
Wow, I don't even know where to begin. Let me start by giving you a friendly suggestion. Stop typing. You sound ridiculous at this point. You really do.

Quote:
Personally I feel that Rick Probstein and PWCC have the greatest anti-shilling defenses of any sports memorabilia auction house in the known universe. You can see who you're bidding against, how many bids this person has placed and how frequently he has retracted his bid!
Rick and PWCC don't have anything. This is provided to anyone that wants to list an item on the eBay site...and I'm surprised eBay still allows people to see the bid history as they have gone out of their way to protect shill bidders by blocking eBay usernames, but that's a whole different conversation. To hear you tell it though it's some kind of exclusive service only offered by Rick and PWCC. Not!

But, ok, I'll bite. I'll play along with it. So now that Rick and PWCC offer these wonderful tools to protect us bidders (Praises to Rick), what happens when it's discovered there is shilling taking place and it can be pinpointed to a certain consignor? Huh, what then? What good is it to have these wonderful tools that Rick has provided to us (Praises to Rick), if nothing is done about the shilling when it's pointed out?

Quote:
You would be able to see what collection the consignment came from, allowing you to avoid certain consignors (i.e. The GEM Collection).
As far as I know this just simply isn't true? Show me were you see the name of the consignor or the collection it belongs to. Here is one of Panky's listings, show me where it says it is his (The GEM Collection). Edited to add: You can search for a certain consignor (e.g. The GEM Collection), but if you are just browsing eBay auctions and open up one of Rick's listings at random, there is no way to know which consignor it belongs to (as far as I know).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-Fleer-U...item53fd3386b4

Again, just friendly advice. Stop typing and save some face. Your comments are ridiculous.

Last edited by vintagetoppsguy; 01-10-2014 at 02:57 PM.