View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 08:09 PM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Default It has been decided

I have not had an SGC graded card in my collection since I have been married (3years). I have GAI, CTA, BGS, BVG and PSA. I recently had some Old Judge cards graded by SGC. They arrived today I opened them up and had them sitting on the dining room table when my daughter took my attention away.

My wife walked in and I heard her say "I like these cases better than those other ones" I turned to see that she was looking at the SGC cards. I asked why she said that. Her response was that she thought they looked nicer due to the insert. I showed her that the GAI had an insert but she just shrugged it off. I brought her a PSA graded t206 (I don't have a PSA Old Judge and thought the t206 was similar enough in size for comparison) she took it from me and looked at it and then picked up the SGC and looked at it and said definitively "This one is just better".

So there you have it. A non biased decision made about a grading company not based on grading scale or which case can be tampered with easier or even which company has the better resell power, but rather the appearance the case adds to the card.