View Single Post
Old 02-04-2007, 05:55 AM
Administrator

Default OT: Best pickup EVER..........

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

There are many new restrictions that will be put in place in May that will preclude many people from adopting from China. They are being put in place BY China, so, while I don't agree with them, they are, I guess, a way to help place their children in the best possible scenario.

My wife and I would be out in the cold (it's 9 degrees here) with the new rules. If it's a first marriage, you have to be married 2 years, 2nd marriage for either or both, married 5 years. We were just married 4 years in January. 3rd marriage for either--no adoption.

Threre are also new rules on BMI--Body Mass Index, $80K net worth requirements and many more. There were about 6500 children adopted from China to American parents last year. There were over 8000 the year before. The 6500 will decline again this year due to the length of time they have stretched it out.

It was planned to take about 6-7 months when we got into the program and we had to wait 16. That was the longest period in my life I think. But....after we have her, it will only be a memory.

Anyway, thanks for the well wishes......although we all have our differences here, some of the nicest people I know and some I count as good friends even though I only see them once or twice a year or have even never actually seen them.