View Single Post
Old 08-11-2019, 04:18 PM
Howard Chasser

Default Great job Mike!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty77 View Post
Hey Howard,

I won the Test Disk. I'm not sure I would have stayed in for much more though, but I thought I had seen one listed on ebay as BIN for a lot more a while back and then it was gone. Was that yours or someone else? (The one I remember I'm pretty sure was already PSA-ed, so perhaps that would result in a premium.)

Also, what else can you tell us about them? There is at least one that is not "progressive"? If so I'd rather have that, but for now this will do. Are the other progressives out there different colors so there is only one of each primary color, or is it not really known how many of each are out there?

And if I want this slabbed I could send it in as is and let PSA handle it? I was a little unsure based on how it was described as being mounted on cardboard backing, as far as whether that was now permanent, or just how Topps was adding a passive backing just to stabilize it?

(and no comments necessary from the gallery about having spent that much $ on something I didn't fully understand at the time, as I am already quite well aware of what I've done!--but when starting to run out of things to buy and having the monthly budget start to stack up, it makes me antsy to spend it on something, even if it's something outside my more comfortable knowledge base...)
The listed disc is the 6th one I have ever seen. I have owned 3 of the others. I currently own one. I only know of one that is a final proof (all colors) and it resides in an incredibly advanced collection for a REALLY LONG time. It is very possible there are a few more out there, including a couple of uncut sheets ( I do know of 1 of those too). The discs are DEFINITELY scarce. IMO you got a GREAT deal!! I had listed one of mine on ebay (It was a full yellow version). I believe there was one other listed on ebay a while ago. Interesting question about the number of stages of proof variants. I am going a bit by memory here, but I do not think of the ones I saw any 2 were the same. Anyone else weigh in on this?
PSA only grades these authentic and shouldn't be an issue grading yours as such. The 68's are an entirely other story - I purchased and cut a complete set on a sheet to get what is currently the only Clemente I have ever seen from that set (currently residing in a PSA A holder). Glad to know it was someone in our community that got it! Thanks for sharing.