View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 10:09 AM
Clayton

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcdelpercio View Post
I do not see this discussion as a personal attack. If ANYBODY...and that means somebody who can't even spell T206 to somebody who has been researching and collecting the set for 50 years...is intentionally promoting false information, they should absolutely be called out on it. The substance of the allegations made seems to be very straightforward. Either Ted (or somebody) owns the cards in question. This was a claim he clearly made on several occasions. If this is the case, it should be very easy to show credible and legitimate evidence of this. Otherwise these cards don't exist and Ted has made deliberately false statements. There really is no other alternative.

I can understand the mixed feelings on some of John's photos and such. I personally think they are hilarious but can see how others would not. The substance remains the same however, and while I see many who are defending Ted or at least saying "enough", conspicuously absent is a response from Ted himself to set this record straight one way or the other.

I am not interested in belittling or attacking anybody. In fact, this is the first "controversial" thread I have ever even posted in. I am VERY interested though in fully supporting the efforts of those who are attempting to accurately research and document this hobby that I have been so passionate about since I was a toddler. I think all can agree that there is far enough shady behavior, misrepresentation, and outright fraud in this hobby that it is especially damaging when somebody who seems to quite publicly wish to combat that is accused of some of those same activities himself. Here's hoping that this issue is resolved quickly and positively and that we all continue in our own small or large way to add good things to this hobby that I love.
I agree with this post 100%.

Also, thanks Jantz for those inputs, that is awesome.

Sincerely, Clayton