Thread: pet peeve
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2003, 09:21 AM
Administrator

Default pet peeve

Posted By: Todd (nolemmings)

Marty,

Haven't seen Rich Gove since the last Tri-Star show in Phoenix. Hell, I think Barkley was still playing for the Suns then. Anyway, does he still have that ridiculous policy of not letting customers touch his commons? Tell me that he gave up on that.

He used to have these piles and piles of beautiful, pack fresk, gloss dripping commons, all out in the raw (term courtesy of Leon)with no holders. He'd ask you what numbers you needed and then he would look them up, not letting you handle the cards, or at most letting you touch the card whose number you'd requested. What a turn-off.I wanted to upgrade or flat out cherry pick, and his system would have had me there for days. Then he's standing there watching while you examine the card--a few dollar common--basically wasting his time and making the customer feel (or me at least) uncomfortable that he was being put out.

Hey I know that repeated handling will ding and wear the cards, but put the darn things in holders or sleeves, OK? Sorry to vent--thought I'd gotten over that, but apparently not.