View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 07:30 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T206 350/460 series (illustrated) and why certain T-brands are mutually-exclusive

"Pictures are worth 1000 words"....therefore, I have constructed these scans of the 350/460 series subjects in order to illustrate how the mutually-exclusive 460-type backs
in this series resulted from American Lithographic separating these 63 subjects into two print groups.

Group A of the 350/460 series includes 35 subjects printed and issued with these four 460-type backs (circa..late 1910 > early 1911).

Factory #25 VA ......................... Factory#42 N.C.

Conversely, these 35 subjects were NOT PRINTED with.... AMERICAN BEAUTY 460....UZIT

Group A

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Group B

Group B of the 350/460 series includes 28 subjects printed and issued with these two 460-type backs (circa..Feb-Mar 1911).

Conversely, these 28 subjects were NOT PRINTED with.... SWEET CAPORAL 460 Factory 25....SWEET CAPORAL 460 Factory 42....red HINDU....BROAD LEAF 460

Furthermore.....please note my use of the word " subjects " (instead of cards). We do not actually know how many cards were printed on a standard size sheet. These group
numbers (35 and 28 subjects) are rather small. It is very likely that the Group A subjects were Double-Printed, or even Triple-Printed on a standard size sheet. I have several
350/460 series T206's with double-same-names (indicative of vertically Double-Printed cards). This same multiple printing format applies to the Group B subjects.

Note
The LENOX brand....so far, 43 of these 63 subjects have been confirmed with the LENOX back. I haven't included LENOX in this analysis since a discernible pattern isn't quite
evident at this time. It's still a work in progress.

Your inputs on anything related to this subject are appreciated.

TED Z

Last edited by tedzan; 11-24-2017 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Update confirmed LENOX to 43 subjects.