View Single Post
Old 12-16-2002, 11:02 PM
Administrator

Default opinions on this situation please

Posted By: Jonathan Perry

I am wondering if I can get some opinions from the board on this situation I am currently involved in.
I will try and be brief in the description.
A few months ago I pruchased some Delongs from a seller on e-bay. I ended up purchasing the cards outside of e-bay. The deal was for 4 Delong cards for $130 a piece. The seller sent several pictures of the cards for me to view. After receiving the cards I noticed they were all creased and in lesser condition than was apparent in the pictures. The seller did not mention the large creases running through the back of every card. I contacted the seller the same day I received the cards to request a refund because I was not happy with the cards. I received no response. I tried again a few weeks later no response. I put the cards aside because I really had no use for them.
A few weeks ago I deceided to bring them to the Ft. Washington show to get opinions on the grades. I showed them to Mike Baker and within 5 seconds he told me they were all reprints. Upon closer inspection it was obvious that they were all reprints.
I never paid much attention to authenticity of the cards in the beginning because I was more concerned with the creases.
Baker told me he had never seen reprints this good, apparently someone baked or stuck these cards in the overn to brown them and crinkle them, plus they were creased and damaged on purpose to make them look older.
To make a long story short I did by the cards sometime ago (August 21st is when I paid.) Time just passes so fast these day one can lose track of time here and there.
So I finally get intouch with the seller and tell him that all his cards were reprints and I would like him to take them back and issue a full refund.
He proceeds to tell me that I have created these reprints and he thinks I am trying to scam him. He does not seem to willing to work things out. He believes I am trying to return counterfit cards not the originals he claims he sold me, plus my statue of limitations has run out.
I for one would always stand behind something I sell as legit unless otherwise noted. Autographs cards etc. If you are not happy, then send it back to me and I will give you a full refund no questions asked.
This seller is a PSA authorized dealer, does PSA do anyting to make a dealer stand behind their cards. Am I in the wrong for asking for a refund on conterfit cards this late in the game?
thanks for all your advice. If you do not want to post your reply feel free to just email me directly at jperry@nyc.rr.com