View Single Post
Old 10-21-2015, 06:30 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

I represent no one other than myself, but I simply like the way SGC holders make cards look. I am not a big TPG guy, as I am not a high-powered collector who buys major, high-grade cards. I do not care about registries. When I do purchase graded cards or send cards in for grading, I am usually only doing so for protection purposes and, as I said, I like the way SGC holders look. I see it as spending $6 or so for a decent holder. That is not to say I won't buy PSA or BVG. Maybe others also like the aesthetic qualities of SGC's holders as well? This is out of my territory, but I would also venture a guess that perhaps other collectors who are not hardcore into graded cards would rather deal with SGC since there is no membership and customer service is usually pretty good and their monthly specials can be pretty good deals. Admittedly, it has been a very long time since I had cards graded by SGC, PSA, or anyone else. SGC seemed to me to be less complex for someone who is on the fence about card grading and doesn't want to get in too deep. Just my two cents. I do not have a dog in the hunt. If I get a good deal on a PSA or BVG graded card, and the card has the qualities I want, I would purchase it regardless of what brand of plastic it resides in.

Last edited by vintagebaseballcardguy; 10-21-2015 at 06:37 PM.