View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 05:19 PM

Default great pick up

Very cool...nice pick up Alan...great eye appeal....I can only think of one Hockey piece I have, a 1914ish I think, Harvard Hockey team photo.....but no photo of it on hand. Very early on when I first was getting into collecting sports, like 25 years ago, I remeber this very early leather hockey helmet...funny I've never see another since...Saw at the old PMA Antique Collectors Revival show at the San Mateo Fairgrounds....back when the sports stuff was all in one hall..I just remember it was dark brown thick leather and had lots of character....and too expensive for me.....man it was all new to me then!!...I remeber I was buying stuff on one side of the room and selling it on the other...totally a novice, just learning the ropes..I think maybe the guy that had it was named John Iancello (ianchello)...latter on he dropped out of the hobby, even though he had these block sized booths.....then I once saw him years later at a National in Anaheim I think it was.

Last edited by CarltonHendricks; 01-05-2011 at 05:25 PM.