View Single Post
Old 02-27-2005, 09:42 PM
Administrator

Default Finally! The definitive answer on the toughest card in the T207 set

Posted By: tbob

I haven't bought the 2005 SCD yet. Is Wiltse's name listed next to Weaver's prices? He's the only guy in the set who would be close alphabetically which would make him think that way.
By the way, if this guy has 2 T207 sets and thinks Wiltse is so rare, then I have 4 T206 Honus Wagners in PSA 8 (and I don't mean reprints)! Anyone who has owned a T207 complete set can tell you in a flash that Wiltse is a common with a recruit back and is a common common.
By the way, I happened to look at the 2004 SCD and saw scarce back cards of Blanding, Birmingham and Butcher were listed at common prices while McBride, a very common common is listed the same as the toughies. So mark it down as 2 years in a row that someone didn't do their homework on the T207 set.
About 3 years ago Bob L. sent me a request for a card by card value of this and a few other sets. Bob, if you're reading this, I'd be glad to volunteer my services again because the values for T207 cards is cockeyed, even considering the slipped line typo from the 2005 book.