View Single Post
Old 02-27-2005, 07:55 PM
Administrator

Default Finally! The definitive answer on the toughest card in the T207 set

Posted By: Rhys

This person is misinformed about the price based 100% on the 2005 SCD errors in printing of the T207 set. They told me a dealer at a local show got the price guide out and made him think he was getting a good deal and went off about how rare this card was. This is about the 10th person I have come into contact with who was mislead by BIG DEALERS into thinking they were buying something great based on the price guides mistakes.

Imagine when you first started to collect if the "Bible" of baseball cards had errors this obvious and bad. I would bet every single person would have fallen victim to something like this when we were just starting out and relying on the advice and opinions of more knowledgable dealers.

So what is worse; the fact that the 2005 SCD guide is so sloppily proofread so that one of the cornerstone sets of the prewar hobby is butchered? Or, that dealers across the country are ripping people off and selling them these cards that they KNOW are mistakes for discounted prices of $100-$200 and making them think they are getting a good deal? I know, caveat emptor; but the blame in this situation is based on the dealer, not uninformed ebay seller who is passing along information they were fed by people who know better.

Rhys